Fried Pork Spring Rolls
This fried pork spring roll dish is easy to cook- the ingredients are readily available and the preparation instructions are very easy to follow, but the taste is nevertheless crisply delicious.
Spring roll wrappers (made from all-purpose flour)
3 gloves garlic
1 medium sized turnip
1 medium sized carrot
1 medium sized onion bulb
2 tbsp. salt (or as needed according to your taste)
Cooking oil (3 tablespoons for the meat and vegetable mixture and around 250 ml for frying the rolls)
300 grams ground pork
Preparing and cooking the meat and vegetable mixtures:
– Peel and cut the garlic into tiny cubes (minced).
– Peel the carrot and cut it into fine cubes (diced).
– Peel and cut the onion bulb into tiny cubes (diced).
– Peel the medium sized turnip and cut it into fine cubes (diced).
– In a heated pan, pour 3 tablespoons of cooking oil. Wait for the oil to heat up.
– Follow the garlic and stir until light gold in color.
– Next is the onion, and stir.
– Add the ground pork and mix them together.
– Add salt to season.
– Once the pork is almost cooked, add the finely cut turnip and carrot. Mix.
– Let the temperature cool down while allowing excess oil and liquid to drip.
– Scoop a spoonful of the cooked pork and vegetables into the spring roll wrapper. Put it on the edge of the wrapper, and roll. Fold the sides and continue rolling. Wet the end part with water to seal the roll.
– Continue until all cooked mixture of pork and vegetables are wrapped.
This is best served with your favorite sweet and sour dipping.